Well another year has passed for me in the blink of an eye.
As I sit here and ponder the last 365 days, I realize that despite the rocky roads I’ve experienced here and there, it’s been a good year and I’ve even learned a couple of things. You can’t ask for more than that I suppose.
Upon reflecting, I feel the need to share this wisdom (however significant or insignificant it might be) that has been bestowed upon me and raise my glass of wine to making it another year older. To those of you always by my side, I thank you.
Please note, my new-found knowledge is in no particular order.
1. You’re going to mess up, there’s no way around it. Just remember though, making a mistake doesn’t make you any less of a person, it’s just important to learn from it so we’re not destined to repeat them in the future.
2. It’s important to take care of yourself by working out and making healthier food choices.
3. My love for the hashtag.
#justin #jimmy #hashtag #latenight #summer #monday #redwalls #rockintheplaid #workit #itsmybirthday #suckit #itsthesickdwagga #iwanttoagelikefinewine #pizzaforever #sittingonthecouch #yolo #old #dontneedawalkeryet #ilikebingo #cruzzlesandbeatles #stophashtagging
4. Life’s gonna knock you down every now and then. Don’t be afraid to bounce right back.
After all, you need the bad to appreciate the good.
5. It’s okay to have a little fun in the dating world, life’s too short to play it safe. #hatethegamenottheplayah
6. At the same time, I’ve learned you gotta know when it’s just not working and to throw in the towel. If it’s not right, it’s not right. There’s no use prolonging the inevitable. This goes for any type of relationship.
7. I am 100% reliant upon my cell phone. For. Everything.
Email, weather, games, directions, apps, taking pictures, ordering pizza, fantasy football, watching stupid dog videos and the list goes on. I think the one thing I don’t actually use it for much is making a phone call. It’s ironic, don’t ya think?
8. You just gotta let it out. Cry, scream, get mad…whatever you need to do. Don’t hold it in or else your feelings will build up until they just explode creating a wave of mass destruction for anyone or anything in your path.
Trust me, crying about it for 10 minutes is a lot easier.
9. Accept your faults and embrace them. There’s no such thing as a perfect person and we certainly can’t be a master in every aspect of life.
10. Be positive. Know that things will get better and look ahead to the future with a smile.
11. And finally I’ve saved the most important for last. If you don’t already know this or have not experienced it for yourself, I urge you to get on it ASAP.
That’s right….BREAKING BAD. Hands down the best television series ever. What are you waiting for? Go watch it….now!